Alleman students have two ways of obtaining their Driver's Education:
1. SKILES Driving School - offers students the opportunity to take driving instructions here at Alleman during the Fall and Spring semesters. (Summer sessions will be at their business location in East Moline.) Requirements for Skiles are:
- Students can be Freshman or above status - 15 years old by the beginning of the quarter that they will be taking the course - (i.e. -- 1st quarter - August 19th; 2nd quarter - October 20th; 3rd quarter - January 1; 4th quarter - February 28)
- There is no limit of the number of students they will take.
- Cost is $445.00 + $20.00 permit fee. (Everything is paid directly to Skiles Driving School for driving instructions and the permit is paid to the Secretary of State)
- Classes will be scheduled at Alleman from 6:30 am - 8:00 Monday through Friday for one quarter. All Driver's Ed classes and behind the wheel driving will be scheduled before the school day begins.
Anyone that mght be interested in signing up for Driver's Ed through SKILES may do so with Mrs. Miller in the Counseling Department.
2. 1st quarter Driver's Ed will start on Monday, August 29 in room 213 at 6:30 a.m. Students who are signed up to take Driver's Ed first quarter are to report at 6:30 a.m. that day to room 213. The Driver's Ed instructor will give information about when they will drive etc.
The following alternatives are available to students in the summer and are based upon residency:
- Rock Island High School - Driver's Education for Alleman students This is offered during the summer. Student must be 15 by May 15 and cannot miss any classes during the summer program. Cost and test time to be determined. Sign-up in Alleman Counseling if interested.
- Moline High School - for students that live in the Moline school district. Contact Moline High School for more information.
- United Township High School - for students that live in the East Moline school district. Contact UT for more information.